Job Vacancy | Academy Part-Time Coach (PTE)
JOB ADVERTISEMENT – ACADEMY PART TIME COACH (PTE)
Rochdale AFC were ranked the number 1 Academy for productivity at Category 3 for 2 years in succession. This means that over the 3 year period the Academy produced more home grown players to play 1st team football than any other club in the country at Category 3, 2nd highest in the English Football League and 3rd highest across the country including the Premier League. (Source: The Premier League)
We are looking to add to the current workforce and to improve performance of the Academy by employing Academy Part Time Coaches, with a view to Full Time employment through our additional Elite Development Squads.
Rochdale AFC Academy are looking to recruit an Academy Coach who will be able to deliver the Club & Academy Football Philosophy and age specific coaching programmes as part of the Academy’s Coaching strategy, to Academy Players.
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated and enthusiastic coach to become a member of the Coaching department at Rochdale AFC Academy. The successful candidate will contribute to the maintenance and development of a high performance environment at the Academy. The role will work with other key stakeholders including Talent ID, Sport Science and Medical colleagues covering all aspects of player performance.
Reporting to: Academy Manager & Phase Lead Coach
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- The development of all Academy players by utilising the Rochdale AFC Club Vision & Values, the RAFC Coaching Competency Framework, RAFC Football Philosophy, RAFC Coaching Programmes and other supporting strategies. Planning, delivering, evaluating and recording coaching sessions
- Delivering age appropriate coaching sessions to meet the needs of the players
- Monitoring individual and team performance within training and games
The successful applicants will need:
- UEFA B Coaching Qualification (Please do not apply if you haven’t received certification)
- FA Youth Award Modules 1-3 (or working towards)
- Current FA DBS check, FA Emergency Aid/BFAS/L2EFAiF, FA Safeguarding Children and FA Licensed Coaches Club membership
Knowledge and Experience
- Background within football
- Knowledge of development and session planning
- Knowledge of the Elite Player Performance Plan
- Experience of Coaching in an Academy/Centre of Excellence
- A desire to pursue a career in the football industry.
- Committed, enthusiastic and highly motivated, showing a passion for developing players.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- A positive and professional attitude and the ability to work with a range of individuals.
- Computer literate.
- Successful applicants will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance prior to taking the job role.
Salary: £20.00 per hour plus expenses
Hours: Up to 4 sessions per week including Match day – Tuesday & Thursday evenings plus Saturday & Sunday mornings.
If you meet the qualification criteria and feel you have the relevant experience and evidence to meet the role profile and person specification, then please complete and return the attached application form (click HERE to download) along with full CV to:
Closing Date: Sunday 30th June 2019.